Winter Preparedness Tips
We've already had a major storm-related power outage in Massachusetts and winter has not even arrived yet! Here are just a few tips on how to make a snowday, power or internet outage less impactful on your business.
- Ensure you have an emergency communication plan in place prior to the storm - have all employees and vendors' contact information on hand
- Anticipate snow days: If you can work from home, make sure you are able to login remotely ahead of time and have access to every application you need, to avoid downtime the day of
- Keep the latest copy of your backup disks or drives off-site if your data is not being backed up in the Cloud
- If you still have power but no internet, you may be able to tether your smartphone to your laptop to get internet access
- Consider connecting your mission critical servers and your phone system to UPS.
- Consider shutting down all your servers, workstations, and phone system before a large storm to reduce the risk of damage. Power outages are one of the most common causes of equipment damage and data loss
For more ways to ready your employees and infrastructure for the winter months, please email us!
Up Time - All the Time Webinar on Dec. 7th
Save the date: On December 7th, Integrated IT Solutions and Stratus Technologies will be offering an informational webinar on our new high availability solution, Avance. No downtime. No data loss. No business interruption. Look for the invite in your email this week!
Office 2010 Tip of the Month
Customize the Quick Access Toolbar
The Quick Access Toolbar is a customizable toolbar that contains a set of commands that are independent of the tab on the ribbon that is currently displayed.
How to add buttons that represent commands to the toolbar:
- On the ribbon, click the appropriate tab or group to display the command that you want to add to the Quick Access Toolbar.
- Right-click the command, and then click Add to Quick Access Toolbar on the shortcut menu.